A father with his 7 children was found without life in a southern Maryland house last Monday. Police are suspecting that the cause of death was probably carbon monoxide poisoning.
The 36 year old father was identified as Rodney Eric Todd, and all the 7 children, that are aged from 6 to 16. Because of the family’s special request, police officials are withholding the children’s names as of the moment.
Officials stated that a gas generator located at the residence that ran out of fuel could have been the carbon monoxide poisoning source.
The Associated Press also reported that the dead father’s mother and stepfather, shared that the house’s electricity were cut off due to outstanding bills that led to the use of the generator for heat.
The A.P. also reported that Matt Likovich, a Delmarva Power spokesman, stated that the matter is currently being investigated, and as of the moment, he cannot confirm if the power has really been cut off.
Police investigators stated that no foul play is suspected as detectives found the residence to be secured and no sign of disturbance were noticed when they arrived.
All the bodies were then taken to the chief medical examiner of the state office to be able to determine the real cause of death.