PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY POLICIES.
Collection of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
The website operates with two notions as to the types of information we collect from you: a) personally identifiable information (that information which can be used to directly identify or contact you) and b)non-personally identifiable information (which cannot be used to identify you).
We collect the following type of information from you:
- User registration information, which is obtained when you submit information to the website during your registration process. This information involves the username, password (also known as “user ID”) but can also involve other information such as date of birth, name and surname, email address, etc.
- Additional access to other features or functions may require you to submit additional information to us. Subscribing to a newsletter, filling out surveys or taking part in contests and sweepstakes may ask users to submit additional information such as, but not limited to, telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses, zip code, etc.
- Other information we may collect: demographic information about you such as gender, age, usage frequency, purchase preferences (when conducting surveys).
- General information about your web browser, your IP address, the third party website you are accessing, the third party website from which your visit to our site originated, the operating system installed on your personal computer, the domain name of your ISP, the search terms and keywords you use when accessing our website, the types of web pages you visit, how long you remain on our website, etc.
Information collected via Cookie usage and other Tracking Technology usage
The website employs such tracking technologies in order to improve the services we provide to you. We aim to continuously improve our content and services as well as improve the way that users can move between associated website without having to repeatedly log into each individual site. As such, tracking technologies may help us recognize you whenever returning to the website, offer the possibility of saving passwords and login information in password-protected areas as well as save online information or player settings, deliver relevant information, improve services, provide proper advertising, maintain the website, administer the website or customize the content and advertisements present on the site. By using the website and accessing our services, you expressly agree that you have offered us consent to track your activities.
If you do not agree with the use of the cookies or if you are concerned about how they are stored on your computer, you may change your internet browser settings so as to not allow cookies to be sent to your hard drive. Additionally, you can choose to manually delete cookies from your hard-drive. Please be advised, however, that certain functions or features will not function properly if and when cookies are deactivated.
How we use the information collected
Personally Identifiable Information is generally used to carry out your requests, to answer complaints or inquiries, to improve our service and better serve you. The same information may be used to contact you for different reasons, improve customer services, inform you of relevant changes to our website, provide our users with promotional information, with information about the products offered by The Beacon Transcript News & Media, its partner and affiliate companies or discuss consent or additional information found on the website.
Non-Personally identifiable information is used in a variety of ways and with one goal in mind: that of improving our services so that we may offer you an experience that best caters to your interests and is tailored to your needs. This information is used to analyze website traffic, to understand how you interact with other websites, understand your trends, needs, and interests, carry out promotional activities, prepare interest-tailored advertisements and improve the services offered to you. Additionally, we may also use this information collected from you and combine it with information obtained from others.
Additional uses for your information:
- Web servers automatically identify a computer’s IP address (the number that your computer automatically receives when surfing the internet) and we use these IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, non-personally identifiable information aggregation, track your use of our website, track return visits. In certain situations, when it is necessary to enforce the user’s compliance with the website’s rules and regulations or when requested by a subpoena, or requested by government and law enforcement agencies, we may connect the IP with the visitor’s identity.
- In the case of direct communication between you and us, we may use the information you have provided to respond to comments, questions, and future reference.
- Sending promotional emails or newsletters.
- Processing website registrations, verifying email addresses.
- Saving User ID’s and other information when you are visiting the website.
- Third party tracking technologies are solely responsible for how they collect, use and handle the information collected from you. We do not control the way that these third party advertising agencies handle your personal information and you should be aware of the fact that different rules may apply in connection with these advertising providers and agencies.
Transfer of Assets
In the case of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, we may be acquired by another entity and as such, all of our assets including the personal information collected (PII and Non-PII) may be transferred to this acquiring entity.
The Beacon Transcript reserves the right to disclose the PII or Non-PII information we have collected from you if we are required to do so by law, or with respect to copyright or other proprietary infringement claims, in order to fulfill government requests or lawful requirements.
Please note that Beacon Transcript and all of the features, materials, and content presented to you via the Services are designed for adult use and therefore, not considered suitable for children. BEACON TRANSCRIPT DOES NOT, KNOWINGLY, COLLECT ANY TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN AGED 13 AND UNDER. IF YOU ARE EITHER THE PARENT OR THE LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD WHO HAS NOT TURNED 13 AND FEAR THAT HE OR SHE MAY HAVE SHARED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BEACON TRANSCRIPT, PLEASE USE OUR CONTACT FORM TO REQUEST THE REVIEW OF THIS INFORMATION.
The website has implemented the adequate safety measures aimed at protecting the information we collect from being misused, altered, lost or otherwise obtained. However, please be advised that we cannot guarantee or warrant the safety of this information. We are not responsible for any theft, destruction, misuse, inadvertent disclosure or loss of your personal information.
Beacon Transcript employs reasonable measures in order to safeguard the information that you have shared with us. Additionally, we will also attempt to identify the perpetrators (in the case of such a security breach) and notify the corresponding law enforcement agencies to ensure that a criminal investigation is conducted.