Apple releases iOS 16 on September 12. Here are the new features you’ll get in iOS 16.
Apple Ready to publish iOS 16 tomorrow, September 12. iOS 16 will bring new customization features and improve the iPhone experience for users. “iOS 16 enhances iPhone with all-new personalization features, deeper insights, and seamless ways to communicate and share. Available September 12,” Apple said. Also, according to the information provided by A Twitter User-AppleTrack, Apple has confirmed it rush via SOS Satellite Will launch in November as part of iOS 16.1.
“Apple has confirmed that Emergency SOS via Satellite will launch in November as part of iOS 16.1,” tweeted AppleTrack. Apple has released four iPhone 14 models namely iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Apple Watch series 8, Ultra Watch, Watch SE, AirPods Pro 2 at its Far Out event on 7 September. Also, all iPhone 14 models will support iOS 16. Needless to say, other iPhones like iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 etc. iPhone 13 And many more will get iOS 16.
Want to see iOS 16 features? Here’s everything you need to know.
Top 10 Features of iOS 16
1. Lock Screen: You get all new ways to customize your lock screen. You can express what you like Photographs, customize font styles and display a collection of widgets to get information at a glance. You can too Click Your lock screen all day, just touch and hold it, then swipe away.
2. Create multiple lock screens: You can now create different lock screens, each with a unique background and style, and easily switch between them. Browse the gallery of wallpapers with recommended photos and themed collections for inspiration.
3. Lock Screen Widgets: You can choose to display a collection of widgets as part of your lock screen to view information such as WeatherTime, date, battery levels, upcoming calendar events, alarms, time zones and activity loop progress.
4. Notifications: You can view notifications on the lock screen in expanded list view, stacked view or hidden view. And notifications appear at the bottom of the screen so they stay out of the way.
5. Easily set a focus: A new streamlined system for Focus lets you choose which apps and people you want to receive notifications by allowing or silencing them. Combine your lock screen with your Focus so the look and feel of your iPhone matches how you want to use it at the moment. With a swipe, you can switch from your personal focus to your work center with widgets that show upcoming appointments and to-do lists.
6. iCloud Shared Photo Library: It will arrive later this year. You can share a photo library with your family, and a separate iCloud photo library with up to five people. Everyone has equal permissions to add, edit, and delete photos in a shared library. Favorites, titles, and even keywords are synced, so if one organizes the collection, everyone benefits.
7. Messages: You can edit the message you just sent or send the latest message in its entirety. If you can’t reply at this time and want to come back to it later, you can mark a message as unread. A message can be edited up to 15 minutes after sending. Do not send any message for 2 minutes after sending it.
8. Mail: Intelligent Search improves your results by correcting typos and using synonyms for your search terms. From the moment you start searching email messages, you’ll see a better view of shared content and more. You’ll be notified if you forget to add an important part of your message, such as an attachment or recipient.
9. Safari: Share tabs and bookmarks, send messages, and start FaceTime right from within Safari. Whether you’re planning a trip with friends or shopping for a bed with your partner, you can share all tabs in one place. If they find something better, they can add tabs too.
10. House: The Home app has been rebuilt to be even more efficient and reliable. Navigate all your smart home accessories in the redesigned Home tab. New categories for climate, lighting, security and more allow you to access related parts with a single tap. And the multi-camera view puts your smart home cameras front and center.
There are many more features that you can enjoy. Check it out here. https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios-16/features/.