Mike Pence’s Federal Election Commission spokeswoman says the filing was bogus

A spokesman for former Vice President Mike Pence’s campaign on Monday denied reports that the Republican had filed to run for president in 2024, responding to an apparent hoax after screenshots of a Federal Election Commission post began circulating.

“Former Vice President Mike Pence is not running for president today,” Devin O’Malley wrote on Twitter. When reached for comment on Monday, O’Malley confirmed his tweet and added: “You should reach out to the FEC for answers about the filing.”

Asked for comment Monday night, an FEC spokeswoman wrote: “We cannot comment on specific filings.”

The report comes as Republicans make efforts to compete in the primaries Election Against former President Donald Trump. Pence, who served as Trump’s vice president between 2017 and 2021, had planned to spend the holidays in Indianapolis considering the presidential campaign. an aide told the Washington Post Last week.

Pence, 63, has clashed with Trump and his supporters since refusing to try to reverse Trump’s 2020 election loss. Pence has recently hired aides to raise funds, but plans to continue his book tour in January for his autobiography, “So Help Me God,” an aide told The Post last week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.